Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
About the Baruch Username
You will use your Baruch Username for:
- Lab Computer & Wireless Login/Access
- Newman Library Remote Access
- DegreeWorks (Student Degree Audit)
- Locker Reservation System
- Official College Mail including Registration & final grade notifications
|Live @ Baruch Email Address :||FirstName.LastName@Baruchmail.Cuny.Edu|
About Your Baruch Username
- Your accounts may not be ready until the week classes begin
- You cannot change your Baruch Username.
About Your Password - Change/Reset
- By default, the Baruch Username password is your registration PIN which may be your birthday in format YYMMDD.
- If you have forgotten your password and contact the BCTC Helpdesk for technical assistance, they reset your password to your date of birth in the following sequence, YYMMDD. This password reset will go into effect for the Student Degree Audit, Pharos printing system, Newman Library Remote Access, wireless network, locker rental and Live@Baruch e-mail systems as well.
- If you would like to change your password from your date of birth in the format of YYMMDD to another password, you may go to the HelpDesk in person and change your password.
Security of Your Baruch Username Account
- NEVER share your account with others, and never use anyone else’s account which is a violation of the College's CUNY Computer User Responsibilities Policy .
- ALWAYS log off a computer when you leave - even if you leave for a short time to do something else.
- CHANGE your default password. Please contact the Help Desk to obtain information on how to change your password.