Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan with Built-in Spyware Protection.
CUNY and Baruch have partnered with McAfee to offer all students, faculty and staff free Virus and Spyware for their personally owned computer systems. Whether you have a Mac or a PC, you can obtain for FREE the latest version of McAfee Anti-Virus for your computer. Every year tens of thousands of users fall victims to either Viruses or Spyware, don’t become one of those victims. “Protect Yourself” by downloading for FREE a copy of McAfee Anti-Virus for either your Apple Macintosh or IBM PC computer.
Here is how to obtain your own Free copy:
- Go to WWW.CUNY.EDU
- Enter your CUNY Portal Username and Password and Click Login
- On the left hand side, click on Cuny eMall
- When the Cuny eMall page opens, click on Software Center
- In the middle of the screen, you should see a link that says Software Center and a button that says HERE. Click on this button. A new page will launch taking you to the Software Center.
- Click on Order New Software Titles
- A new page will appear showing you numerous Microsoft Products along with McAfee
- Click on the Version of McAfee that you need (See Below for Help).
- -If you are running a Mac, click on McAfee VirusScan for Mac
- - If you are running a PC, please click McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
- Click on Add to Cart
- The next page will provide you with a detail of the package that you selected to purchase.
**** Remember that Anti-Virus protection is FREE, meaning no cost to the user and must be downloaded. Due to the size of the files, if you do not have a broadband or fast internet connection, please be aware that downloading the file will take some time.
If you are unable to download the file or have a very slow internet connection, please bring a BLANK CD-R/RW to the Help Desk and we will burn a COPY for FREE of the version of McAfee that you need.
At this site, there are instructions on how to order, download and install your software in case you do need assistance. For Technical Assistance or questions, please contact the Baruch Help Desk by phone at 646-312-1010; email at HelpDesk@Baruch.Cuny.Edu or stop in on the 6th floor of the Library Building.