Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Alerts
- Systems Unavailable Due to Electrical Work – March 13, 2014
Due to mandatory electrical repair work in the Library & Technology Building, the following systems will be unavailable from 6:00 p.m. March 13th until 9:00 a.m. March 14th:
* Telephone and network services (wired and wifi) in Library Building and Annex
* Voicemail service campus wide
* Access to the NAS (including mainframe job output)
* Other Non-Critical Systems: For example, any other service that does NOT include College e-mail, VPN, Baruch’s website, wifi, DNS, firewalls, DHCP and spamblocking.
Computers in the Library & BCTC 6th Floor Computing lab will power off at 5:30 p.m. on the 13th. Alternate labs will be available on the 6th floor of the Vertical Campus until 8:00p.m.
The Library will remain open for study until 9PM.
The Help Desk will remain open until 7PM.
Updated 5:45 pm 3/7/2014
- Microsoft SkyDrive is now OneDrive
On Feb 19th, Microsoft transitioned the name of their cloud storage service SkyDrive to OneDrive. Please make note of the new web address for your records:
No changes have been made to user accounts and all access remains as it was.
Updated 8:00 am 3/6/2014
- All other systems are operational.
Updated 11:55am 3/9/2014
- New Wireless Service for Students - January 28, 2014
- VMAP Service Offering for Students
- BaruchMail Service Upgrade - October 25, 2013
- TimeWarner Cable Service Update - September 5, 2013
- Student e-mail upgrade to Office 365 - July 5, 2013
- NetConnect VPN Service will be discontinued on May 31, 2013
- Policy on Support for Microsoft Windows 8
- Baruch College's iOS app in the App Store (Updated)
- CUNY First News
- Mathematica - Licensing Information
- BookList - Textbook Reporting System
- Status of Campus WiFi Upgrade
- Blackboard Support
- Access Your Class Roster
- Green IT Initiatives
- Student Wireless Printing From Personal Laptops
- State of New York Power Down Policy
- SPSS version 20 now available
- Forgot your CUNY Portal Username or Password - CLICK HERE!
- New CUNY Emergency Alert System
- Microsoft Software up to 75% Off for Baruch Faculty, Staff and Students
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program
Teaching with Technology
Spring Semester Hours
Search for Support