Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC)
Help Desk Service Alerts
- Database server maintenance: Since 12pm we have been doing maintenance on a database applications server, that is affecting the ePAF, AIMS, AdvisorTres, Scholarships, Clearinghouse, NJTransit student validations, and Study Abroad Secure Drop applications. As of 2:15pm the changes have been made and the system is undergoing final validation testing. We will continue to notify with updates.
Updated: 10/12/2018 2:15PM
Update, 3:30pm: Corrupt print jobs were removed from the print server and the service restarted. Printing
should now be working normally.
Issues with printing: At this point the campus print server is not working. Technicians are attempting to resolve the issue now.
Updated: 10/05/2018 3:50PM
Users are receiving phishing emails:
Please be advised, a phishing email is circulating which is requiring CUNY users to enter username and password information. The text reads as follows:
"You are required to click on the link to verify your email account because we are upgrading our web-mail.
Click here to VERIFY
Webmail Technical Support
Copyright(c)2018. All Rights Reserved"
All CUNY staff/faculty/students are instructed to ignore this message and immediately delete or mark this email as SPAM. Under no circumstances should users click any links within the email, nor should any username or password information be submitted. For more information, or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Help Desk.
Updated 09/20/2018 8:43AM
MS Office Suite 365 is now available for student download
Students can now download and install MS Office 365 onto their devices. If assistance is needed, please visit or call the Technology Help Desk. Thank you.
Updated 09/12/2018 4:02PM
News and Updates
- Skip the lines! Web Printing availiable from on- and off-campus
- Office 2016 Upgrades for Faculty and Staff - March 29, 2018
- VPN Software Upgrade - March 8, 2017
- Textbook Reporting System
- Campus WiFi Coverage Areas
- Blackboard Support
- CUNY Policy on Acceptable Use of Computer Resources
- Faculty/Staff Password requirements - myPassword
- Protect Your Computer! Download a FREE Copy of McAfee VirusScan
- Policy on P2P File Sharing (e.g., BitTorrent & LimeWire)
- Guest Access to Baruch College Network
- Policy on Installation of Wireless Access Points
- Using Facebook & Other Social Networking Sites
- Security Awareness Program