The following committee descriptions are intended to provide a concise overview of the Alumni Association's permanent committees. The following committee responsibilities may be modified throughout the year depending on the association's needs and circumstances.
- Meet at least once a month
- Are headed by at least one chair selected by the current BCAA President
- Are supported by BCAA office staff
- Have their own budgets based on a committee request
Researches and selects the following awards that are handed out either at the Annual Meeting and/or at the Annual Reunion:
- Student Scholarships
- Alumni Service Award
- Faculty Service Award
Budget & Finance Committee
- Prepare annual BCAA budget for fiscal year
- Examine proposals and negotiate financial membership benefits
- On an ongoing basis, review financial statements and continue to work with staff to develop revised financial management reports
- Explore additional revenue generating opportunities, and examine current contracts/agreements in search of other potential opportunities.
- Evaluate current capital position and submit any suggestions to Executive Committee.
- Discuss and make recommendations on financial issues that are referred to the committee by the Officers.
Class and Social Committee
- Charged with organizing all social functions of the Alumni Association
- Promotes synergy and fosters interactive social events that interests alumni
- Plan networking events with office staff
- Create new benefits to the association's membership package
- Works with the school's Career Development Centers in offering professional development programs to Alumni Office
- Developing additional professional development resources for alumni
Plan & Scope Committee
- Examine current association's operations and activities and recommends changes and/or improvements
- Offer new initiatives for consideration
- Works with the Executive Director and current President on development and honing of strategic plan for organization
If you would like to learn more about or get involved with a particular committee, e-mail us BCAAalumni@baruch.cuny.edu