Office of the Vice President for Administration and Finance
Property Management Policies
The Facilities Property Coordinator’s role (previously labeled “Property Manager”) is to manage the inventory of ALL Baruch College owned property, in accordance with the standards of The City University of New York (CUNY), from acquisition through disposal.
The inventory is managed and maintained through the CUNY-wide NetFM/INSITE database system, which records and tracks the inventory, utilizing the CUNY-wide bar code system. Items are entered into the database with the following information: department # and name, equipment description, manufacturer, model, serial number, location, and the assigned CUNY bar code number. All items inventoried are purchased through State, Private, DASNY, Research Foundation and Non-Tax Levy funds.
Bar code labels are applied to College inventorial assets by the Baruch College Technology Center (BCTC) and the Property Management Office.
- Baruch College Technology Center tags computer and media related equipment (computers, laptops, printers, servers, switches, and projectors).
- The Property Management staff will tag ALL OTHER equipment (Research Foundation, DASNY, and off-campus equipment) NOT tagged by BCTC including artwork.
It is highly recommended that each Department appoint a Department Liaison to assist in monitoring the movement of equipment in their department. The Department Liaison will assist the Facilities Property Coordinator by:
- Providing access/keys to all offices, conference rooms, closets and cabinets.
- Assist in notifying the Facilities Property Coordinator of all inventory deliveries.
- Inform the Facilities Property Coordinator of upcoming moves.