As this is an innovative new program for senior business executives, we individually meet with you to facilitate the application process.
Please send your resume to Professor Joseph Weintrop at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call Professor Joseph Weintrop at 646-312-3185.
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2017 cohort. Interviews are now being conducted and admissions decisions being made on a rolling basis through the final application deadline of July 15, 2017.
Before You Apply
We strongly recommend that all interested candidates for the EDB program register for an on-site information session. (Virtual information sessions are available for candidates outside of NYC metro area.) To determine if your experience is aligned with the program, we also encourage you to send your resumes to EDBZicklin@baruch.cuny.edu. Within 3-5 business days, you should receive a response via email.
Criteria for Admission
- Significant business experience in which the candidate has at least 7-10 years of business experience at the managerial, professional or executive level.
- A graduate degree from an accredited university or foreign equivalent. In exceptional cases executives with extended managerial experience and a professional designation will be considered.
- A written essay describing your area of research interest and a specific research project you are interested in pursuing based on your corporate objectives.
Admissions Requirement (overview)
- Attend an information session.
- Submit a resume.
- Submit an online application.
- Unofficial transcripts may be submitted at this time. If admitted, official documents will be required.
- Two required essays.
- Two recommendations.
Decision is typically provided within 1-3 weeks of interview.
Two recommendations letters from executives
Recommendation letters may be submitted using the online application system or by mail in a signed and sealed envelope. Letters from co-workers, relatives, friends and staff you have supervised are not appropriate choices. A complete recommendation includes both the completed recommendation form and a letter from the recommender.
- Application Fee (waived for inaugural class)
- Unofficial university transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, including summer study and transfer credits must be submitted for review. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution to Baruch College or delivered in a sealed, stamped envelope if final admission is offered.
- Application form
- Essay 1 (2-4 pages)
Please outline the type of business issues that you, your firm, or your industry now face and how obtaining a stronger set of research skills will enable you to manage these issues more effectively in the future.
- Essay 2 (2-4 pages)
The 3rd year of the EDB is devoted to the writing of a dissertation. Our goal is to start that process in the first summer of the program Please describe your thoughts about a research project in which you, your firm, or your industry would benefit from based on what you expect to learn about in this program. Your essay will help us in evaluating your candidacy for the program, will further help us guide your education, the selection of a mentor, and ultimately lead to a timely graduation.
Mailing address for application materials not submitted online:
Zicklin Executive Programs
Attn: EDB Admissions Specialist
Baruch College, Box B13-282
55 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10010-5585
Please send application materials to: EDBZicklin@baruch.cuny.edu
International applicants: please read "Special Instructions for International Applicants" and "Applicants seeking a student visa" below.
Special Instructions for International Applicants
Applicants educated outside of the United States must provide transcript evaluations of their credentials if they are from particular countries.
When requesting an official evaluation, we recommend using one of these pre-approved NACES organizations which are familiar with how we want the information presented in the evaluations:
- World Educational Services (www.wes.org)
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (www.ierf.org) or
- SpanTran Evaluation Services (www.SpanTran.com)
Completed evaluations should be sent directly to Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business, by the evaluation company.
Note: We do not endorse or recommend any particular evaluation agency. Baruch uses the information from these agencies as guidelines only. We have our own internal policy regarding transcripts from certain countries.
Applicants seeking a student visa
The Executive Doctorate in Business program is able to sponsor international students on F-1 visas. Once an offer of admission has been made, you will receive more information about the visa application process.
Forms and documents regarding international students at Baruch can be found here.
For questions regarding the visa application and interview process, please contact the International Student Service Center; be sure to identify yourself as a Zicklin Executive Doctorate in Business candidate.
For more information
Please fill out form below