Candidates for the EMSF must have at least five years of business experience. The program is designed for professionals who are in the early and middle years of their careers and who want to complete their master's in order to advance their careers to higher levels of management. Applicants can prove their quantitative skills proficiency through exams (GMAT, GRE), previous academic study, current job performance, or a Zicklin admissions test. Every applicant is interviewed to ensure all students can learn from collaboration and expand their professional and personal networks.
The EMSF based in Mumbai is recruiting now for March 2018 enrollment. Zicklin's longstanding EMSF in New York City will follow the same modular format starting in May 2018. Applications are accepted and processed on a rolling admissions basis with a final deadline for Mumbai in mid-January. See EMSF Curriculum page for course titles and descriptions, location schedules, and conditions of mobility.
Candidates generally move through the following steps during the application process:
- Pre-application submission via email
- Meet with a local program representative, attend a live or virtual information session, and/or subject to availability, observe a current class session virtually
- Submit an online application and all supporting application documents
- Qualified candidates will be invited for an in-person admissions interview conducted by a local program representative; candidates who are not located in Mumbai or New York City may request an interview via Skype
- Decisions are typically given one to three weeks after the interview
Candidates may be required to take an admissions test if they do not have the required academic record, professional experience, or standardized exam results to demonstrate the quantitative skills needed for the EMSF. The test is offered on scheduled dates in Mumbai and New York City. Applicants must sit for the test, in person, during the application process. Occasionally admission may be offered conditionally, with the candidate required to pass the test in Mumbai or New York before enrolling.